It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 am Advanced search

HMS - Navy Traditions Community Day 2014

HMS - Navy Traditions Community Day 2014

Postby danNMRN1 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:45 pm

Hello, I am the Community Engagement officer at the National Museum of the Royal Navy in Portsmouth.

As you may know, the museum has recently opened its brand new Babcock Galleries which house the HMS – Hear my story exhibition which tells the story of the Royal Navy from 1900 to the present day through the stories and experiences of those who actually served.

As part of our community events at the museum this September we are planning to hold a ‘Royal Navy Traditions Community Day’ where visitors to the galleries will be able to immerse themselves in different navy traditions by playing Uckers, taking part in a ‘Crossing the Line Ceremony’, performing in a sods opera and much more!

As part of the day as well we are hoping to invite local veterans to share their stories and experiences in participating in some of the Navy’s traditions and customs to share with visitors in the Veterans area of the HMS Galleries. I was wondering if you would like to take part in the event which is being held on Saturday 20th September between 12pm-4pm here at the National Museum of the Royal Navy in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.

we would like to invite as many local veterans to the museum to share their stories and join in the fun by recreating some of the wonderful navy traditions

Please let me know by the 20th August if you would like to join us for the day

Thank you

Kind Regards

Daniel

Daniel Ball
Community Engagement Officer (Maternity Cover)
National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth
community@nmrn.org.uk
danNMRN1

Return to Archive